We all probably grew up in homes where the leather sofa was rarely seen, rather, our room furniture was all made of clothes, and for some, unfortunately, the living room was probably decorated with pure wooden sitting bench for economic reason.
Fast forward to today, people are beginning to divert real fast into other furniture-making materials not just because they look beautiful and sometimes, less expensive (Looking at the long term use), but also because the health benefits are too enormous to be ignored. From the types of woods used today in room/office furniture making to the furniture covering sheet/top, things have changed.
In this post, our focus is on the health benefits of leather sofas (Chairs), and it is pretty surprising that so many people don’t know this just yet.
We’ve had the opportunity of interacting with a few friends and families and we tried to get their opinion on the use of leather in furniture making. The generality of their opinion shows that they are more concerned about the present cost of using leather for furniture than the health plus future cost-saving benefits they will derive from it.
FEW WRONG NOTIONS ABOUT LEATHER SOFAS
- It tears easily
- It fades out quickly
- It is expensive to buy and maintain
These notions are wrong, and the reason for this stance is simple- FAKE LEATHERS used for furniture sofas. Good leather is not only thick (and of course “expensive”), but they are very easy to maintain, and it also lasts the long term, saving you some cost of constant renovation.
Some Health Benefits Of Leather Sofa
- Since leather becomes thicker over time, it makes it difficult for insects to habitat. In Nigeria for instance, most homes battle with cockroaches and bed bugs in their living room furniture. With leather living room furniture sofas, these insects are either maximally reduced, or don’t exist at all.
- In dusty seasons or environments, leather furniture is very important as it does not retain dust as other furniture materials. This is beautiful as dust inhalation is taken out of the equation. With leather, all you need to do is simply wipe off the surface with a clean cloth and you will be just fine.
- Since leather breathes, it quickly adjusts to your body temperature making it a good have for any season.
- As Leather ages, it becomes more adaptive with your body. This a great way to always remember to go home since you are sure to get a good rest sitting on something comfortable.
Whether it is indoor or outdoor use, whether it is on dining chairs, dining room tables, coffee Tables, bar chair, while setting up your home office accent chairs or console tables, leather finishing is great ways to stay healthy
At Equinox Furniture, we have experts that will not only help you select the best leather for your furniture, but will also build you a long-lasting one. All you need to do is contact us and you will be glad you did.
We are just a phone call away; contact us on 08030881676 and 08033087048. You can also reach us via email at email@example.com or through any of our social media platforms: